Cello au Sommet welcomes you for the 18th edition of the Cello festival Violoncelles en folie. A whole week of cello madness. Summer school, concerts and a chance to meet cellists who are passionate about their instrument, wether beginners or future professionals, adults or children, who have come with the desire to improve their playing to take part collectively in a group, or simply to spend time with their instrument.
The week of summer school will include the following :
- Individual lesson
- Classes on cello technique, both individual and collectively
- Chamber music classes
- An introduction to Baroque cello or those who already play, a chance to go further with their technique
- A introductory improvisation workshop with Diego Coutinho or Marine Rodallec
- The chance to play in a cello orchestra and prepare a concert to include all the participants in a varied repertory (orchestra scores to be sent out in advance to each participant)
- A creative art workshop for children with Christine de Trincaud
- A violin making worshop for children with Barbel Bellinghausen
Mornings are reserved for individual and group classes, or for individual practice : the midday meal is eaten together on site, and the aftesoons dedicated to group practice and cello orchestra. There is a concert of cello music each invening in one of the magnificent chapels and churches around Briançon. The cello orchestra formed by the participants performs the last evening at the final concert.
Nestled in the mountains of the french Alps, the communities of Villard Saint Pancrace and Briançon (Hautes Alpes) are hosts for our festival, allowing us to enjoy their peaceful setting and the delightful musical environment.
Please contact us for further information concerning the accomodation or any other question.
Association Cello au Sommet
Maire de Villard Saint-Pancrace
Rue de l'école
05100 Villard Saint Pancrace
Tel : +33 (0)6 58 99 92 68
Email : email@example.com